If you are looking out for ways to fix Xbox party chat not working, you are in the right place. A lot of users are reporting that Xbox party chat on their Xbox consoles including Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S is not working. Well, you’re not alone. This is as frustrating as this can be because this error doesn’t come with an error message or notification that says what’s the issue and why it is not working. Luckily, we have got some fixes to completely resolve this problem on your Xbox consoles.
How to Fix Xbox Party Chat Not Working?
Xbox Party Chat is an excellent communication method implemented by Microsoft for games that don’t have their own voice chat. The party chat feature is exclusive to Xbox consoles and provides a very straightforward method of communication. However, when Xbox party chat stops working, problems start appearing.
Players are unable to interact and this results in not being able to track and kill the opponent, making the gameplay experience pretty bad. So without taking any more time, let’s start fixing this pesky Xbox Party chat not working issue.
Fix 1: Reset Your Console
You may want to reset your console in order to fix the Xbox party chat. Sometimes, glitches, driver crashes, as well as internet issues can cause your Xbox party chat to stop working, As a result, reset your console and check whether the issue is fixed.
Fix 2: Test Your Network Connection
It is possible that your Xbox party chat is not working because of a network issue. Therefore, you need to perform a network connection test to understand that. Follow these simple steps to test your network connection on Xbox.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Now, click on Profile & System, and click on Settings.
- After that, go to General, followed by Network Settings.
- At last, click on Test network connection.
Now if the connection test is successful, your console will connect to the Xbox network. However, if the connection test was not successful, check the error code and search for a comprehensive guide on our website or somewhere else.
Fix 3: Check Privacy Settings
It is possible that you are unable to party chat on Xbox due to some bad settings in Xbox Party chat. As a result, if you have already performed the above network test and there’s no problem, this is worth trying out. Follow these simple steps to modify privacy settings:
- Go to Settings and then click on Account.
- Now go to Privacy & online safety and then go to View details & customize.
- Now click on Communicate with voice and text.
Here, check that you haven’t muted or blocked the people in your party chat. Also, check that you have joined the party from within the party chat window.
Fix 4: Check the Xbox Status Page
If all the above fixes have failed, then probably there’s no issue from your side. Consequently, perform the below steps and check what’s the actual problem.
- First, check the Xbox status page to look out for known issues.
- After that, check whether your network or internet connection is working properly.
- Restart your console and wait for 2-3 minutes between shutting down and restarting.
- Try to switch from WiFI to a wired internet connection. If you don’t have a wired connection, try to move your Xbox console a bit nearer to the router.
Well, that’s all we have here about how you can fix Xbox party chat not working issue. We hope this guide helped you. If you liked this, make sure to check out how you can fix EA trial has expired error.